Tattoo Aftercare 2020 : Essential Guide
Complete Tattoo Aftercare Guide 2020
A tattoo is a great accessory to have on your body. It can be a show of your personality or anything you might want to show the world.
A tattoo is an accessory that can end up defining you. Such an important accessory requires appropriate care of course. Tattoo aftercare is a necessary task that all tattoo wearers need to be mindful of.
Once you have had a tattoo on your skin, specific areas of ink take days to properly heal.
They are essentially an open wound that is susceptible to irritants just like any other cut or wound.
Hence, tattoo healing is a necessary phase for all tattoos.
SET UP AN APPOINTMENT!
As mentioned above, the area covered by the tattoo is basically an area similar to an open wound for many days after the person gets the tattoo. Much like any other wound, the area needs to be cared for and nurtured to get it back to good health. For that people often use tattoo ointments.
Traditionally, people have used anything from alcohol to petroleum jelly for new tattoo care. These substances can be irritants on normal skin.
Putting them on an open wound means the person is looking for trouble.
How To Take Care Of A Tattoo in 2020
If you’re wondering how to care for a tattoo, you can do so by following these steps:
- Keep your bandage on as long as it has been advised by the artist
- Wash tattoo area well after you remove the bandages
- Gently pat the area dry
- Apply a small amount of lotion
- The area should be washed on a regular basis with normal fragrance-free soap and lukewarm water
- Cleaning needs to be done regularly until tattoo has healed
- Picking at scabs is not advised as it will make the wound reopen
- Keep sunlight exposure to a minimum
- Keep distance from open water as it can be contaminated
- Regularly check your tattoo even after it has healed
These steps are what you need to follow a general tattoo healing process and are how to treat a new tattoo as well.
Best Lotions For Tattoos
If you’re wondering what to put on a healing tattoo, a tattoo friendly and artist recommended lotion is the best fit for your need. The best tattoo aftercare lotions are organic ones that are completely free of harmful chemicals.
There are vegan varieties available as well.
The reason these lotions are recommended has to do with the fact that they do not irritate the area during any tattoo healing stage. They are designed to nurture the tattoo and promote tattoo healing.
So if you’re wondering what to put on a fresh tattoo, go for organic and vegan lotions tattoo aftercare lotions.
Tattoo Healing Stages
The tattoo healing process can be divided into a number of different stages that are consistent no matter what kind of tattoo ointments you use. These stages are:
- Day 1-6: Tattoo soreness and oozing from the tattoo. The area is still fresh and is an open wound.
- Day 7-14: The tattoo area starts to itch and becomes flaky. The itching goes on until the dead skin has fallen off.
- Day 15-30: Although the tattoo does not irritate anymore and looks healed, it is still a bit cloudy and doesn’t have the aesthetic that was planned. The skin layers are still repairing at this stage, meaning you need to look after the skin
Even with the best tattoo aftercare, all these stages remain the same. The only difference that you can notice is that the irritation is not as unbearable as it was before. Tattoo healing is a gradual process after all, and no matter what you put on a healing tattoo, it will take its gradual course towards healing.
How Long Does A Tattoo Take to Heal?
A normal tattoo can take 2-3 weeks to properly heal on average. However, even when the tattoo healing process is done and it doesn’t irritate you after the second week, it still hasn’t gotten to the place where it can be declared fully healed. You need to constantly look after the tattoo just like any other wound and make sure that it doesn’t get damaged, something that can lead to a relapse.
For the best tattoo aftercare, you need to be very careful about how you nurture it. The more effort you put in, the more comfortable it will be and the better it will look.
Are you ready to get inked? Get in touch with us today to arrange your tattoo consultations.